May 21, 2022
NET 484 - Netplus Certification Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course is a comprehensive study for learning, mastering and practicing the concepts required to pass the CompTIA Net+ Certification Exam. The student will have a significant amount of reading and studying as well as skill-building lab time. This course is intended for the student seeking certification.
- Examine Network Theory
- Analyze a scenario and determine the corresponding OSI layer.
- Explain the basics of network theory and concepts.
- Characterize Network Architecture
- Differentiate between common network topologies.
- Differentiate between network infrastructure implementations.
- Explain the functions and applications of various network devices.
- Compare and contrast the use of networking services and applications.
- Explain the characteristics and benefits of various LAN and WAN technologies.
- Identify the basics elements of unified communication technologies.
- Compare and contrast technologies that support cloud and virtualization.
- Evaluate Network Operations
- Use appropriate monitoring tools
- Analyze metrics and reports from monitoring and tracking performance tools for a given scenario.
- Use appropriate resources to support configuration management.
- Explain the importance of implementing network segmentation.
- Install and apply patches and updates based on configuration and performance.
- Implement and configure a basic network based on a given set of requirements
- Install and properly terminate various cable types and connectors using appropriate tools.
- Implement and configure the appropriate addressing schema.
- Explain the basics of routing concepts and protocols.
- Install and configure networking services/applications.
- Configure a switch using proper features based on specific requirements.
- Install and configure wireless LAN infrastructure and implement the appropriate technologies in support of wireless capable devices.
- Formulate Network Security
- Compare and contrast risk related concepts.
- Compare and contrast common network vulnerabilities and threats.
- Implement network hardening techniques
- Compare and contrast physical security controls.
- Install and configure a basic firewall based on specific requirements.
- Explain the purpose of various network access control models.
- Summarize basic forensic concepts.
- Demonstrate Troubleshooting
- Analyze and interpret the output of troubleshooting tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common physical component issues related to wireless, copper cable, or fiber cable.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common logical network settings issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve common security issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve common WAN issues.
- Apply Industry Standards and Practices
- Identify appropriate wireless and wired connectivity.
- Implement the appropriate policies or procedures.
- Summarize safety practices.
- Install and configure equipment in the appropriate location using best practices.
- Explain the basics of change management procedures.
- Compare and contrast the following ports and protocols: 80, HTTP; 443, HTTPS; 137-139, NetBIOS; 110, POP; 143, IMAP; 25, SMTP; 5060/5061, SIP; 2427/2727, MGCP; 5004/5005, RTP; 1720, H.323 .
- Configure and apply the appropriate ports and protocols: 20/21,FTP; 161,SNMP; 22,SSH; 23,Telnet; 53,DNS; 67/68,DHCP; 69,TFTP; 445,SMB; 3389,RDP.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)