Dec 08, 2022
HCM 200 - Dining Room Service Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 4
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
To perform dining room service functions using a variety of types of service, and to demonstrate an understanding of quality customer service.
- Describe the functions of the dining service personnel
- Explain Manager Duties
- Describe Server Duties
- Explain Hostess Duties
- Describe Busperson Duties
- Explain Dishroom Procedures
- Develop serving strategies.
- Explain the training of dining room personnel.
- Demonstrate proper dining room service standards.
- Describe American, French, Russian and English Service
- Discuss different service methods such as Banquet, Buffet, Catering, A la Carte
- Compare and contrast new food serving trends
- Describe the necessary side-work for the restaurant operation.
- Explain service staff opening and closing duties.
- Discuss staffs running side work & procedures.
- Demonstrate the necessary staff training procedures.
- Define the training involved for each dining service position
- Demonstrate requirements for each service position
- Evaluate the performance each position
- Discuss the importance of teamwork skills
- Demonstrate proper sanitation techniques in the dining room and dish room.
- Explain the importance of sanitation
- Define a clean work environment.
- Describe and implement procedure for guest service and guest relations
- Perform Check processing and working on the POS system or current technology.
- Discuss sales techniques for service personnel.
- Illustrate the importance of menu knowledge.
- Discuss ways of suggestive selling.
- Describe possible difficult situations that could develop in the dining room
- Explain proper handling of guest dissatisfaction
- Discuss possible accommodations for the disabled
- Explain proper way of handling guest with dietary restrictions and special needs
- Discuss how these affect the overall dining operations
- Define how these influences the customers’ experience.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)