May 20, 2022
GRT 932 - Internship Credits: 3-4
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 8-12
Course Type: Voc/Tech
On-the-job training for Graphic Technologies students. Included is a weekly seminar for the exchange of information review and evaluation.
Prerequisite: Completion of the Visual Communications diploma and Term 4 of the Graphic Technologies program
- Locate an approved internship for work experience.
- Follow up on available internships
- Interview for internship positions
- Complete work agreement contract for employment
- Record accurate information necessary for employment experience
- Obtain appropriate signatures for endorsement purposes.
- Complete 120 hours of approved internship experience
- Attend internship position according to employer specified agreement
- Complete work related tasks as assigned by the employer
- Develop problem-solving techniques to on-the-job situations.
- Develop attitudes necessary for successful job performance and cooperation with coworkers and management
- Describe attitudes and steps necessary to solve conflicts
- Explain techniques of managing your emotions.
- Explain various methods of dealing with stress
- Maintain hourly time log
- Record hours worked each day of the week
- Prepare hour log in accordance with employment recording method
- Verify and maintain report in personal intern/coordinator file.
- Prepare written report on intern activities on a weekly basis
- Present and discuss report to instructor on a bi-weekly basis
- Attend scheduled seminars
- Explain personal internship work experience in class
- Complete written evaluation of speakers
- Complete written assessment of field trip seminars
- Present internship projects
- Prepare a formal presentation of internship projects for the class.
- Participate in class discussion of internship and projects.
- Reflect upon internship experience
- Prepare written report describing learning experiences of the internship
- Present reflection to class.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)