May 17, 2022
GRD 459 - Illustrator Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Explore Adobe Illustrator’s extensive toolbox and menu commands in a state-of-the-art Macintosh computer lab. Experiment with explosive color while discovering a variety of techniques using Illustrator’s powerful drawing tools.
- Appraise software interface
- Examine software menu commands and panels.
- Distinguish between template, new and open file commands.
- Identify by name and function tools contained in the toolbox
- Interpret information displayed in software dialog boxes.
- Toggle between preview and outline view modes
- Determine software preferences to control work environment
- Enter appropriate information in document set-up dialog box.
- Create vector shapes and paths
- Demonstrate proper use of tools contained in the toolbox.
- Create and modify masks
- Create and apply brushes
- Modify overlapping objects by using the Transparency panel.
- Change the appearance of objects by using the Styles and Effects.
- Create, use, and edit symbols by using the Symbols palette and Symbols tool.
- Create and modify compound shapes by using Pathfinder panel.
- Render 3 dimensional shapes by using the #D Effects
- Work with Type.
- Add type to a document
- Format type using the Character, Paragraph and Glyphs panels.
- Transform type by setting options for scale, rotate, reflect and shear.
- Manipulate type using the Envelope command
- Apply graphic effects to type
- Manage layers
- Create new layers using the Layers panel
- Organize layers using the Layers panel.
- Change attributes of objects in a layer using the Layers panel
- Mange color.
- Discuss the color management workflow process.
- Determine correct color management profiles.
- Define spot colors to add to Swatches panel.
- Define CMYK color to add to Swatches panel
- Define gradient fill to add to Swatches panel.
- Apply color to stroke and fill of objects
- Save and export files
- Explore available options for saving and exporting files.
- Differentiate between file formats
- Determine correct save or export file format.
- Output files to print
- Analyze appropriate printing method for file output.
- Select printer via desktop printer menu
- Evaluate page set-up dialog box before printing
- Enter correct information in Print dialog box to insure proper output
- Analyze and correct print error messages.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)