CRJ 298 - Bloodstain Pattern Analysis
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course of study is intended to introduce the student to the basic recognition, preservation, development, and collection of bloodstain evidence commonly found at crime scenes.
- Evaluate bloodstain evidence
- Demonstrate proficiency in preserving, documenting, and examining bloodstain evidence.
- Explain motion, direction, and point of convergence.
- Discuss how surface texture, height, and force affect bloodstains.
- Characterize bloodstain patterns.
- Recall common terms, concepts, and descriptions of typical bloodstain evidence.
- Summarize presumptive and confirmatory testing, blood enhancement chemicals, DNA and serological testing.
Competencies Revised Date: 2019
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)