May 17, 2022
CAD 248 - Parametric CAD II Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Parametric solid model CAD intermediate commands will be taught. Parametric concepts with design intent will be covered. Solid CAD models will be built and edited. Mechanical assemblies will be created. Part and assembly drawings with part lists will be created and plotted.
Prerequisite: CAD 153 , CAD 246 , MAT 773
- Investigate advanced features.
- Examine advanced sweeps and helical sweeps.
- Examine constant and variable radius rounds.
- Examine ribs, draft, and lofts.
- Create Toroidal bends.
- Examine saving sketcher profiles.
- Examine creating profile libraries.
- Discuss importing a saved profile into a parametric sketch.
- Discuss using profiles to create holes.
- Examine associatively between the saved sketch and the parts.
- Examine advanced patterning.
- Examine pattern tables.
- Examine parent/child relationships in patterns.
- Discuss maintaining individual properties within a pattern.
- Discuss advanced layer applications.
- Discuss usage of layers with a CAD solid.
- Examine manipulating features using layers.
- Examine using layers in an assembly.
- Analyze complex part creation.
- Discuss complex part origin.
- Examine how to create a complex part with machining considerations.
- Create complex parts and user defined features.
- Create part drawings with geometric tolerances.
- Examine mass properties.
- Discuss import/export file types.
- Export drawing file to AutoCAD to detail.
- Examine complex drawing creation from a solid model.
- Discuss using view creation.
- Discuss bi-directional updating.
- Discuss hidden line removal.
- Examine retrieving dimensions from the solid model.
- Discuss deleting views.
- Discuss using reference files.
- Discuss masking geometry.
- Examine creating drawing annotation.
- Create section views.
- Examine hatch patterns for section derived from assemblies.
- Discuss hidden line removal on a section view.
- Discuss dimensioning complex cross-sections created from a solid model.
- Discuss bi-directional updating from a section view.
- Discuss placing a section view on another drawing sheet.
- Create auxiliary views.
- Discuss auxiliary view placement with respect to the primary solid views.
- Examine placing auxiliary views on other drawing sheets.
- Discuss bi-directional updating for auxiliary views.
- Create complex assemblies.
- Examine creating parts within the assembly file.
- Create sub-assemblies.
- Discuss advanced assembly parent/child hierarchy.
- Create parts list.
- Create assembly cross-sections.
- Modify cross-sections.
- Discuss dimensioning assemblies.
- Perform assembly modifications.
- Perform drawing replication.
- Plot detail drawings and assemblies.
- Print mass properties of a part.
- Create a rapid prototype.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)