May 20, 2022
AVM 121 - Weather and Warning Systems Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
The course will cover systems associated with positioning, warning and weather control. Topics covered will include inspection, servicing, configuration, electrical brakes, anti-skid systems, landing gear indicators, warning systems, and airframe ice and rain control systems.
- Inspect, check and service speed and configuration warning systems, electrical brake controls, and anti-skid systems.
- Describe the principles of operation, inspection and checks of speed, stall and takeoff warning systems and anti-skid brake control systems
- Describe simulated operation of anti-skid and takeoff warning systems.
- Inspect, check, troubleshoot, and service landing gear position indicating and warning systems
- Inspect, check, troubleshoot, service and repair landing gear position indicating and warning systems
- Inspect, check, troubleshoot, service and repair airframe ice and rain control systems
- List principles of installation operation and checking deicing and anti-icing systems.
- Replace, inspect and check operation of electrically operated air scoop or pitot static/static vent anti-icing systems
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)