Nov 26, 2022
ASM 267 - Pract V: Leadership & Mgmt Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 4
Course Type: Open
During this practical experience, students will investigate policies, procedures and techniques used to meet the administrative and business needs of nursing care facilities. Emphasis will be placed on the administrative and leadership styles used to achieve roles and responsibilities to provide quality of life and quality of care for the clients.
- Identify the strategic planning process.
- Describe the professional development activities.
- Asess the leadership skills of the management team and key staff.
- Review the mission, vision and value statements.
- Discuss future trends and concepts.
- Review the need to forecast future employment needs.
- Describe the management information systems and how they relate to state and federal reporting requirements.
- Review the policies and procedures with regard to the directives of governance by owners, board of directors and or corporate entities.
- Evaluate the facility’s role in the survey process.
- Identify the policies and procedures for compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Recognize the responsibility of CMS.
- Assess the role of long-term surveyors and the survey process.
- Review the facility survey.
- Describe the marketing and pubvlic relationship strategies.
- Assess relationships between the faciltiy and other community resources.
- Identify professional organizations and association that provide professional updates.
- Identify the similarities and difference between for profit and non-for-profit facilities.
- Observe and list job tasks of the administrator.
- Review the administrator’s job description.
- Describe the overall responsibilities of the administrator.
- Describe the similarities and difference between adminstration-level functioning and department head supervisory leve.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)