Sep 25, 2021
ASM 266 - Pract IV: Environment Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 4
Course Type: Open
During this practical experience, the student will investigate the physical plant needs and the environmental impact on residents. Special emphasis will be placed on the role and responsibilities of the administrator as they relate to quality assurance data and safety outcomes.
- Define the facility’s policies in order to comply with federal and state regulations.
- Review regulations for ADA, OSHA, CMS, Life Safety Code.
- Identify sprinkler system maintenance.
- State emergency lighting requirements.
- Analyze fire alarm systems.
- Determine hazardous chemical training.
- Observe heating, plumbing and cooling systems.
- Review environmental policies and procudures.
- Examine systems for maintenance of buildings and grounds.
- Explain the preventative maintenance pgoram.
- Locate the equipment manuals and guides.
- Evaluate emergency preparedness programs.
- Assess odor control and infection control.
- Identify cleaning products and effectiveness.
- Review the infection control policies and procedures.
- Cite trash and waste disposal rules and regulations.
- Analyze storage requirements.
- Review the rules and regulations on storage.
- Determine if the facility meets these regulations.
- Assess the meal serving process and atmosphere.
- Recognize the importance of a clean, orderly and pleasant appearing facility.
- Assess the facilities appearance.
- Identify areas that need improvement.
- Review cleaning schedule.
- Assess floor and furniture care.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)