Dec 08, 2022
AGV 338 - VTNE Review Course II Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will continue to summarize learning within the Veterinary Technology program. The course will emphasize the connection between classroom learning and the practice of veterinary technology in the professional world. It will help to enhance the student’s preparation for the state and national veterinary technology examinations.
Prerequisite: Instructor approval
- Demonstrate knowledge of veterinary laws and jurisprudence.
- Understand the difference between Iowa Code and Iowa Administrative Rules
- Paraphrase the Veterinary Practice Act
- Assess surgical preparation and assisting.
- Discuss aseptic techniques
- Review different sterilization techniques.
- Show patient positioning techniques.
- Examine common surgical procedures.
- Identify surgical instrumentation.
- Compare suturing methods.
- Evaluate anesthesia and analgesia.
- Discuss pre and post anesthetic assessment and care.
- Perform anesthetic induction, maintenance, monitoring and recovery techniques.
- Assess pain and analgesic medications.
- Assess Laboratory procedures.
- Perform sample collection, preparation, storing and shipping techniques.
- Discuss laboratory diagnostic principles and procedures including those for immunology, microbiology, and Parasitology.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)