Dec 08, 2022
AGH 200 - Landscape Estimating & Bidding Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course investigates the development of landscape bids and estimates.
Prerequisite: AGH 142
- Interpret landscape construction documents and specifications.
- Compute the material being handled for a hardscape and plant installation.
- Calculate dimensions materials needed for an installation
- Calculate units materials needed for completion of the project
- Calculate materials needed to be removed for the completion of the project.
- Estimate amount of time needed for each installation
- Quantify the time needed to install each materials
- Calculate the total installation time needed based on quantity of materials being handled.
- Plan work flow and delivery of materials for a landscape installation
- Determine timing of material delivery.
- Design layout of work area.
- Develop sequential steps for work flow.
- Develop orders for materials needed from the landscape installation
- Indentify businesses which supply the materials needed
- Construct a viable order.
- Calculate all costs associated with the materials needed
- Summarize effective relationships with material suppliers.
- Determine effective methods of payment and invoicing
- Construct a document that can be provided to a landscape customer.
- Determine which information is pertinent to the customer.
- Determine which information is pertinent to the sales person.
- Produce an accurate estimate.
- Produce an accurate bid.
- Determine effective methods of payment and invoicing.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)