HSV 803 - Seminar
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Theories and values of the social sciences, including human services, are used to interpret and respond to client and agency behaviors. Written analysis is emphasized. Evaluation of theory and knowledge as it applies to internship is stressed. Offered fall, spring and summer semesters.
Prerequisite: HSV 109 , HSV 130 , HSV 286 (Minimum grade of “C”)
Corequisite: HSV 804
1. Evaluate learning goals for field experience site.
1. Develop a minimum of 3 learning goals related to field experience site.
2. Share learning goals with instructor and field experience supervisor.
3. Assess progression of learning goals.
2. Write professional documentation through assessment, behavioral observations, progress notes and/or meeting minutes of people at the student’s internship. Documentation will be consistent with all professional standards of human services recording.
1. Observe client verbal and nonverbal behaviors.
2. Describe client behaviors clearly, concisely, and factually.
3. Write documentation, behavioral observations or progress notes using correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
4. Write clinical documentation, behavioral observations or progress notes that are free of judgmental, and discriminatory statements.
3. Articulate learning about skills gained through field experience.
1. Maintain a documentation of skills learned at internship site, observations, questions and number of hours worked.
2. Identify areas of critique or concern about social issues and treatment of specific populations.
3. Process and include previous course learning and application of theories, cultural competence and knowledge within the context of internship.
4. Discuss personal strengths and weaknesses.
4. Demonstrate academic and human services standards of self-discipline.
1. Meet all assigned deadlines and classes.
2. Demonstrate compliance of NASW, ACA, or IBC Codes of Ethics.
3. Participate in class activities and discussion in a meaningful way.
[Add to Portfolio]