Aug 19, 2019
MMS 481 - Video Production II Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Learn to implement elements and principles of digital video production. Explore how to start from a basic concept to develop and produce short video segments for use in web sites or other digital media. Emphasis will be placed on getting the concept from a raw idea to production using industry standard software to produce and edit content.
Prerequisite: MMS 480
- Demonstrate the creative process for targeted communication using principles of design as applied to video production.
- Demonstrate effective creativity in planning and development of video segments on specialized topics.
- Demonstrate pre-production activities.
- Apply screen writing and scripts.
- Develop story boards.
- Develop shot lists.
- Create effective visual layouts to plan effective video production.
- Develop storyboards.
- Present the story concept using visual aids to secure approval to produce.
- Develop an audio script directed at a target audience as identified in a creative brief.
- Examine script styles.
- Write a draft script as directed to fit a creative brief.
- Develop a final script to meet the goals of a creative brief.
- Apply traditional video techniques to shoot digital video segments.
- Shoot video footage of listed techniques.
- Shoot video footage to match story board concepts and audio scripts.
- Demonstrate video editing and methods.
- Import media into software for editing.
- Use industry standard software to edit a video presentation.
- Use digital cut and splice features to edit for effective content and story.
- Demonstrate effective audio editing technics.
- Edit for effective color.
- Build composites, scale, position, crop, and distort images.
- Demonstrate media-management strategies.
- Demonstrate transitions.
- Demonstrate effects and filters.
- Demonstrate rendering options.
- Apply elements of video production to effectively communicate intended message.
- Edit for effective presentation.
- Apply special effects to enhance interest.
- Evaluate composition and reshoot or edit to improve quality.
[Add to Portfolio]