ART 227 - Advanced Image Processing
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course teaches students how to work with advanced features of Photoshop/Lightroom and Capture One software. This course builds on what was learned in Photoshop for Photographers ART 225 class. This class will delve deeper into the technical aspects of image developing and manipulation.
Prerequisite: ART 186 , ART 225
- Demonstrates Blend Modes.
- Understand two ways to blend in Photoshop.
- Discuss retouching with blend modes.
- Know blend modes for creativity.
- Demonstrate contouring with blend modes.
- Demonstrate how to use Color Grading.
- Use Basic Color and Toning in Lightroom/Photoshop.
- Adjust Toning with selective color in Photoshop.
- Explain Color Lookup Tables in Photoshop.
- Describe how to use curves for color adjustment.
- Classify Digital Printing using Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Discuss color management.
- Identify workflow and proofing in Photoshop.
- Discuss workflow and proofing in Lightroom
- Discuss workflow and proofing in Capture One.
- Evaluate Commercial and Lifestyle Retouching.
- Identify the Client Brief.
- Discuss RAW Processing and Color Grade
- Create a File Setup and Mark up.
- Identify Cleanup, Contouring, Shaping and Clipping, Background, and Isolation.
- Assess the purpose of the following Capture One tools/actions
- Demonstrate a method for Global Image Adjustments.
- Discuss Converting image to Black and White.
- Explain an understanding of Sharpening and Noise Reduction.
- Discuss using Creating and saving Style Presets.
- Evaluate Selecting, Rating and Culling image techniques.
- Discuss basic selecting, rating and culling techniques.
- Explain and demonstrate advanced selecting, rating and culling techniques.
- Demonstrate how to add metadata.
- Demonstrate Capture One Image Management Basics.
- Explain how to organize images.
- Discuss building catalogs.
- Identify image file management automation.
- Perform Basic Compositing Techniques
- Explain the basic cropping, rotation, and straightening techniques.
- Demonstrate how to correct for perspective.
- Identify what Tool behavior basics are.
- Demonstrate Tethered Shooting
- Explain why a photographer needs to shoot Tethered.
- Discuss how to Set Up you Tethered Capture of digital images.
- Demonstrate how to Set Up you Tethered Hardware.
- Assess Exporting digital images from Capture One software
- Discuss Exporting with File > Export.
- Explain Exporting Strategies and Proofing Previews with Process Recipes.
- Understand How to Export for Social Media.
Textbook(s): For each text used in this course, identify the minimum chapters to be covered in this course.
[Add to Portfolio]