Aug 19, 2019
CET 158 - Introduction to Drafting Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 4
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will introduce the student to computer-aided drafting (CAD) utilizing Microstation software. Microstation fundamentals will be taught, including drawing formats, placing and manipulating elements, measurements, cells, patterning, dimensioning, reference files and three-dimensional modeling. Drawings will be created and plotted.
Prerequisite: CET 101
- Explain the basic concepts of drafting
- Explain purposes and applications of drafting
- Explain the basic tools and practices of manual drafting.
- Explain the basic tools and practices of computer-aided drafting
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the Miscrostation working environment.
- Explain the Microstation coordinate system and use precision inputs
- Set up project working units
- Explain mouse actions in Microstation
- Utilize Microstation drawing aids.
- Use element attributes
- Use snaps
- Use locks
- Use element selection and the fence tool
- Use view controls
- Print a hard copy of a drawing in Microstation
- Set plot settings
- Plot to scale
- Place and manipulate geometric elements in a design file in Microstation.
- Set element attributes
- Place elements
- Modify elements
- Manipulate elements
- Place and manipulate text in a design file in Microstation.
- Set text attributes
- Place text
- Edit text.
- Utilize Accudraw in a design file in Microstation
- Use the Accudraw compass for rectangular and polar coordinates.
- Place elements of specific sizes and angles
- Place cells in a design file in Microstation
- Navigate a cell library
- Create a cell
- Place a cell
- Place patterns in a design file in Microstation
- Create a pattern
- Place a pattern
- Place dimensions in a design file in Microstation
- Set dimension settings
- Place dimensions
- Use reference files in Microstation
- Attach reference files
- Set reference file settings
- Manipulate reference files
- Create a basic three-dimensional file in Microstation
- Use Accudraw in a three-dimensional file.
- Use multiple views to create three-dimensional drawings.
[Add to Portfolio]