Jul 24, 2019
ASM 248 - Practicum IX: Human Resource Management Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 5
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Open
This course emphasizes on theories and practices in human resource management in the long-term care facility. This course meets 80 human resource management clock hours required by The Iowa Board of Nursing Home Administrators.
- Evaluate human resource management function.
- Recognize the employee recruiting process and retention.
- Recognize the steps in a good hiring process.
- Analyze employee training programs.
- Examine motivation and retention strategies.
- Rate employee evaluation procedures.
- Determine employee salary and wage scales.
- Characterize dealing with staffing agencies.
- Classify all personnel policies and procedures.
- Assess labor laws pertaining to human resource management, including HIPAA, discharge laws, OSHA, ergonomics, and child labor laws.
- Assess the relationship between human resource department, line management, and administration.
- Distinguish between mission statement and organizational philosophy.
- Contrast the importance of effective communication, between departments.
- Specify clear lines of authority and responsibilities within the organizational chart.
- Review all appropriate job descriptions.
- Compare job descriptions with employee tasks.
- Predict forecasting future employment needs.
- Reinforce the importance of demographics.
- Evaluate future health care trends.
- Justify the trends for employee participation in managerial decision making and impact related to strategic planning.
- Integrate using data from local, state, and federal sources.
- Pros and cons of single task workers, cross training of employees.
- Appraise the effects of turnover.
- Assess methods to improve employee performances.
[Add to Portfolio]