Jun 25, 2019
ADM 188 - Project and Event Management Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Using a project-based approach, course is designed for business majors, entrepreneurs, administrative staff, or anyone dependent on office efficiency. Project/event management, professionalism, and decision-making skills will be developed. Use technology to coordinate essential activities including travel, event planning, video conferencing, scheduling, and document expediting. Students will incorporate skills and a mindset that will enhance the company’s productivity, mission, and team dynamics. Learn how to be successful in an office whether you are in charge of it or a part of it. Students may not receive course credit for both ADM 188 and ADM 182.
- Assess the tasks related to the scheduling and planning of an event.
- Review common types of workplace meetings/events and delivery formats
- Describe event roles and responsibilities of the coordinator, company employees, suppliers, and participants
- Identify concerns and possible trouble shooting needed for an effective conference or convention
- Determine and operate under budget limitations
- Organize domestic & international travel arrangements and travel documents
- Prepare an agenda, event brochure, company logo, keynote bio, session descriptions, etc
- Apply critical thinking skills and make decisions under pressure
- Provide continuous feedback and collaboration with team members on the effectiveness of each component in the planning process
- Critique the characteristics for effective event promotional materials.
- Evaluate what constitutes professional appearance of support documents
- Incorporate all necessary event details for attendees
- Recognize and use appropriate etiquette in all communications such as printed information, signage, instant messaging, e-mail, phone, and any social media.
- Discuss event branding and company image
- Consider ease of use in all online materials, such as registration forms, and with data collection
- Describe how global and cultural diversity may affect event promotion and communication
- Justify the importance of collaboration with internal departments and outside resources during the planning of the event.
- Coordinate travel and venue logistics for attendees and event team
- Determine effective topics and speakers for the event and attendees
- Organize the scheduling and timing of all event happenings, catering, and necessary equipment
- Manage the event budget
- Monitor attendee information and special accommodations
- Explore the proper techniques for handling public relations with outside suppliers and guest speakers
- Compare and contract the use of technology and software packages in event and project management.
- Explore different project management software options
- Incorporate Google Sites and Google Forms as promotional and data collection tools
- Prepare a post-event analysis report
- Create a budget with Excel
- Use Word or similar package for supporting documents
- Analyze Skype and other online collaboration tools
- Use online collaboration with team members
[Add to Portfolio]