Jun 26, 2019
MAP 807 - Internship - Medical Office Specialist Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 2
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Weekly examination of medical office skills and protocol relevant to the internship work experience. Identify leadership skills, personality styles, proper medical etiquette, HIPAA guidelines.
Prerequisite: HSC 121 , MAP 532 , MTR 121 , ADM 215 , and ADM 221 all with a C or better
Corequisite: MAP 806
- Apply skills and theories learned in course work
- Utilize medical reception skills.
- Utilize medical insurance coding skills.
- Utilize medical transcription skills.
- Complete college reports and evaluations
- Complete training agreement form.
- Complete release of information form.
- Complete weekly work reports
- Complete learning objectives.
- Complete final report
- Complete employer reports and evaluations
- Present midterm evaluation form to employer.
- Present final evaluation form to employer.
- Complete other employer-generated reports.
- Prepare a final presentation
- Describe the journey from 1st day of internship to last
- Describe learnings and challenges
- Project a professional image.
- Dress according to clinic guidelines.
- Display behaviors and attitudes toward patients and staff.
[Add to Portfolio]