Aug 24, 2019
MAP 160 - HIPAA Exam Preparation Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course is designed to prepare the student for the Certified HIPAA Profession (CHP) certification exam. CHP is an international certification addressing HIPAA requirements in the area of transaction, privacy, and security for all covered entities - providers (hospitals, laboratories, and pharmacies), clearinghouses, and payers.
- Understand HIPAA requirements
- Identify changes to policies, procedures and processes within the organization in handling of patient records.
- Examine HIPAA Implementation
- Determine effect on how healthcare entities organize and staff to achieve and monitor compliance with patient privacy/confidentiality needs.
- Qualifications and Position Strategies
- Identify the role of the Chief Privacy Officer and Chief Security Offices.
- Step through how to plan and prepare for HIPAA compliance
- Recognize the pivotal areas of awareness, assessment, and action focused on gaps identified.
[Add to Portfolio]