Oct 18, 2019
WEL 228 - Welding Safety/Health: SENSE1 Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will provide students with orientation to the welding profession and will cover the basics of safety & health within the welding profession. This course aligns to SENSE Level 1, Module 1 and Module 2 - Key Indicators 1-6.
- Understand the function of a welder in industry including knowledge of shop operations
- Create time or job cards, reports or records.
- Perform housekeeping duties
- Follow verbal instructions to complete work assignments
- Follow written instructions to complete work assignments
- Demonstrate proper safe operation practices in the work area, as described in ANSI Z 49.2 Section 4, Protection of personnel and the general area & ANSI Z 49, Part 1 General Aspects and applicable OSHA regulations.
- Demonstrate proper use and inspection of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Demonstrate proper safe operation practices in the work area
- Demonstrate proper use and inspection of ventilation equipment
- Demonstrate proper Hot Zone operation
- Demonstrate proper work actions for working in confined spaces
- Demonstrate proper use of precautionary labeling and SDS information
[Add to Portfolio]