Feb 17, 2019
ADN 110 - Introduction to Professional Nursing Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will include the concepts of professionalism, safe practice, communication, culture, care across the lifespan, health promotion, and nursing process. The course will focus on the introduction of professional nursing concepts.
- Identify behaviors of a professional nurse.
- Discuss characteristics of nursing as a profession.
- Recognize the role of the professional registered nurse.
- Identify the nurse-client relationship.
- Describe safe nursing practice.
- Discuss the scope of nursing practice.
- Identify legal and ethical aspects related to professional nursing practice.
- Describe communication techniques in nursing practice.
- Define professional communication.
- Identify the nurse’s role as a member of the healthcare team.
- Discuss culture.
- Identify cultural competence.
- Outline how culture relates to professionalism in nursing.
- Define nursing care across the lifespan.
- Identify client populations.
- Discuss how client age influences professional nursing behaviors.
- Describe health promotion.
- Identify health promotion.
- Indicate how health promotion relates to professionalism in nursing.
- Identify the Nursing Process.
- Recognize the professional nurse’s responsibility related to the nursing process.
- Discuss the nurse’s responsibility in ensuring quality healthcare.
[Add to Portfolio]