Oct 25, 2020
WDV 932 - Web Development Internship Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 12
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Work-related opportunities provide significant experience for web developers. Students who are working or have an opportunity to work in a position that primarily uses web development knowledge and skills may use this course. Students are expected to find their own internship opportunity.
Prerequisite: Instructor permission
- Describe duties completed through internship.
- Utilize knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for web developers.
- Recognize the importance of applying and learning new skills.
- Perform entry-level web development related work.
- Modify content or presentation on a published website application.
- Perform the work as instructed using the tools provided by the employer.
- Complete proper paperwork related to job.
- Accomplish assigned tasks to employer satisfaction.
- Apply techniques and skills learned in the course work of the program.
- List the required skills involved in the internship.
- Learn to work under pressure.
- Describe personal growth in the skills used during the internship.
- Display knowledge of the workflow processes of the employer.
- Observe policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify employer expectations for an intern.
- List employer policies and procedures to be complied with.
- Develop knowledge of “people skills” required by a web developer.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Display good performance.
- Attend the required hours.
- Display ability to work with others.
- Project professional appearance.
- Identify and follow the specified dress code.
- Avoid tardiness.
- Use employer time and resources only for work related activities.
- Develop ability to show initiative.
- Develop pride in doing a job well.
- Summarize the impact of the internship.
- Discuss your level of satisfaction with the internship.
- Discuss how the internship affected your attitudes or ideas about working in the
- web development field.
- Discuss the impact of the internship on your personal work skills.
- Discuss the impact of the internship on your web development knowledge and skills.
- Summarize your internship experience on your resume.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)