Feb 22, 2020
CET 304 - Field Coop Credits: 4
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 16
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Practical experience through on-the-job training in an approved civil engineering technician setting. Tasks will be consistent with students’ career objectives, skills and knowledge.
Prerequisite: Successful completion of 32 credit hours of CET program courses and/or department approval
- Reconstruct duties completed through internship.
- Use knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for business careers.
- Use effective communications skills for employment.
- Develop techniques of good listening.
- Identify importance of ability to carry on a conversation.
- Identify awareness of aids to good communciation skills.
- Describe importance of retraining and learning new skills.
- Categorize techniques and skills learned in the course work.
- List the required civil engineering technician skills involved in the coop.
- Develop ability to work under pressure.
- Develop habits of neatness, thoroughness, a concern for accuracy techniques and the importance of good communciaiton.
- Develop objectives that measure directed activities and performance standards.
- List goals related to coop activities.
- Select six of the most appropriate listed goals.
- List the activities to achieve each listed goal.
- Develop performance standards to determine when goals are achieved.
- Compose college and employer reports.
- List required reports.
- Identify recipients of reports.
- Identify due date of each report.
- Complete report forms as required.
- Give reports to identified recipients.
- Comply to policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Identify employer expectations for an intern.
- List employer policies and procedures to be complied with.
- Identify and observe all company regulations that are applicable to interns.
- Display a professional appearance.
- Avoid tardiness.
- Develop abilities to show initiative.
- Develop pride in doing a job well.
- Complete tasks within acceptable standards of quantity and quality of work.
Add to Portfolio