Jul 23, 2019
BUS 932 - Internship Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 8
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Practical experience through on-the-job training in a business setting approved by the DMACC Business Department. Tasks will be consistent with student’s career objectives, skills and knowledge.
(This course is Pass/Fail).
Prerequisite: ADM 221 and Instructor or Advisor Permission.
Corequisite: BUS 902
- Describe duties completed through internship.
- Utilize knowledge, skills, and attitudes required for business careers.
- Use effective communications skills for employment.
- Develop techniques of good listening.
- Understand importance of ability to carry on a conversation.
- Devleop an awareness of aids to good communication skills.
- Recognize importance of retraining and learning new skills.
- Apply techniques and skills learned in the course work.
- List the required business skills involved in the internship.
- Learn to work under pressure.
- Devleop habits of neatness, thoroughness, a concern for accuracy techniques and the importance of good communciaiton.
- Develop objectives that measure directed activities and performance standards.
- List goals related to internship activites.
- Select six of the most appropriate listed goals.
- List the activities to achieve each listed goal.
- Develop performance standards to determine when goals are achieved.
- Complete college and employer reports.
- List required reports.
- Identify recipients of reports.
- Identify due date of each report
- Complete report forms as required.
- Submit reports to identified recipients.
- Observe policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Identify emplyer expectations.
- List employer policies and procedures.
- Observe all company regulations.
- Project professional appearance.
- Avoid tardiness.
- Develop abilities to show initiative.
- Develop pride in doing a job well.
- Complete tasks within acceptable standards.
- Complete the 120 hours of on-the-job training.
[Add to Portfolio]