Aug 21, 2019
BUS 131 - Small Business Mgmt Strategies Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Emphasizes human resource concepts and their applications to small business operations. Leadership development, management styles and decision-making strategies are stressed.
- Explain how belief in oneself influences one’s entrepreneurial success.
- List several outcomes of one who subscribes to disbelief or self doubt.
- Identify several methods used to acquire and strengthen the power of belief.
- Identify ways to cure yourself from “excusitis.”
- Discuss ways to destroy fear.
- Identify ways to build self-confidence.
- Identify ways to remain objective about employees.
- Describe ways to think and act like a winner.
- Describe some tools/or ways to start thinking more creatively.
- Identify ways to manage one’s environment to make oneself more successful.
- Explain how attitude is reflected in our daily activities.
- Describe three attitudes that are strong allies in our lives.
- Identify ways to become more enthusiastic.
- Identify activities one can do to grow the “you-are-important” attitude.
- Identify actions one can take to demonstrate he/she has the “service-first” attitude.
- Point out behaviors owner-managers can use to get employees to support them and accept their leadership.
- Contrast the behavior of a Pro-Active entrepreneur-manager with the Re-Active entrepreneur-manager.
- Explain how entrepreneurs can use setbacks to become more successful.
- List methods entrepreneurs use for conditioning themselves for setbacks.
- Outline the guideposts entrepreneurs employee to turn defeat into victory.
- Appraise the successful entrepreneurs leadership traits.
- Assess a list of principles a successful leader would subscribe to.
- Evaluate a list of examples of progressive activities a successful leader would be involved in.
- Describe the basic philosophy of the One Minute Manager.
- Summarize what One Minute Goal Setting is.
- Identify the components of One-Minute Praising.
- Describe the key concepts of One Minute Reprimanding.
[Add to Portfolio]