Jul 24, 2019
BPT 102 - Intro to Biomass Process Tech Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course describes the standard roles and responsibilities of the process technician to include mastering an understanding of basic equipment, design, operation, and maintenance of a process control plant.
- Know basic biofuels process technology processes.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of a process technician
- Describe the chemical processing industry and future trends
- Explain the responsibilities of various regulatory agencies
- Describe the process technician?s work environment
- List the basic principles of quality control
- Identify the different type of process equipment
- Explain the principles of instrumentation and modern process control.
- Comprehend basic safety, health, and environment issues
- Discuss OSHA regulations.
- Describe the physical hazards associated with chemical
- Discuss responsibility during emergency situation
- Discuss the different types of plant permit required
- Understand basic applied physics as it is used in biofuels processing systems.
- Calculate basic principles of pressures
- Discuss and calculate heat, heat transfer, and temperature.
- Discuss and calculate fluid flow.
- Demonstrate the use of common calculation relating to biofuels process.
- Comprehend basic equipment used in chemical processing systems.
- Describe the various types of storage and piping used in the chemical processing industry.
- Explain the operation and types of positive displacement pumps.
- Identify the key components of a compressor system.
- Describe the purpose of seals, bearing and lubrication.
- Describe how a steam turbine works.
- Sketch a simple lubrication system.
- Comprehend advanced equipment used in biofuels chemical processing systems.
- Explain the difference types of heat exchanger and there uses.
- Explain the theory and operation of cooling towers
- Discuss advanced boiler operation
- Discuss the different types of burners and burner control system.
- Understand biofuels process instrumentation symbols and equipment.
- Recognize symbols and diagrams.
- Discuss process diagrams.
- Explain interlocking and permissive systems.
- Discuss P & ID components.
- Examine basic equipment of a control loop.
- Examine primary elements and sensors
- Discuss and examine transmitters and control loops.
- Discuss controllers and control modes.
- Discuss final control elements and control loops.
- Discuss biofuels technology systems.
- Explain reactors and reactor systems.
- Explain distillation and distillation systems.
- Explain pressures relief equipment and flare systems.
- Explain water treatment systems.
- Explain how a refrigeration system works.
- Identify the basic equipment used in refrigeration systems.
- Describe how a water treatment system works.
- Identify the basic equipment used in water treatment system.
- Describe the various system found in the utility sections of a process plant.
- Understand basic biofuels industrial processes.
- Define terms related to common biofuels processes.
- Explain and contrast petrochemical processes.
- Describe benzene, BTX aromatics, and ethylbenzene processes.
- Describe the alkylation, fluid catalytic cracking and catalytic reforming processes.
- Describe hydrodesulfurization, hydrocracking, and fluid coking and crude distillation processes.
- Explain applied general biofuels chemistry practices.
- Discuss the fundamental of biofuels chemistry practices.
- Apply chemical equation using the period table.
- Observe and recall demonstrated chemical reaction relating to biofuels processing.
- Discuss applied concepts in chemical processes.
- Understand environmental standards requirements for biofuels industry.
- Explain air pollution controls for biofuels processes.
- Explain water pollution controls in biofuels facilities
- Explain solid water controls systems in biofuels facilities.
- Discuss community right to know.
- Explain implementation of quality control measures in biofuels processes.
- Summarize principles of continuous quality improvement.
- Discuss supplier-customer relationship.
- Explain the need for statistical process control in biofuels facilities.
- Explain the different forms of collection data.
- Understand basic biofuels process troubleshooting methods.
- Exam troubleshooting models.
- Explain basic equipment troubleshooting.
- Explain biofuels reactor models.
- Explain ethanol distillation models.
[Add to Portfolio]