May 21, 2019
AVM 168 - Fluid Lines and Fittings Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Aircraft fluid lines and fittings will be covered in this course. Units of instruction will include rigid and flexible lines, fittings and their fabrication and installation.
- Fabricate and install rigid and flexible fluid lines
- Describe the differences in the aluminum tubing and also the differences between aluminum tubing and stainless steel tubing
- Perform the beading of tubing
- Perform the flaring of different tubing and of different systems.
- Describe the different types of flexible hoses for the different systems and the different type of fittings which are used with the flexible hoses.
- Describe the defects which can be found with metal tubing, the cause of each and how to correct each if possible
- Install of both metal tubing and flexible hoses
- Fabricate and install fittings
- Explain the different types of tubing connections.
- Explain the inspection methods and aids used to inspect these different systems.
[Add to Portfolio]