May 21, 2019
AVM 145 - Aircraft Welding Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
The course covers the applicable welding procedures associated with materials used to construct aircraft. Proper welding methods for various types of materials will be covered during the course.
- Students will solder, braze, gas-weld and arc-weld steel.
- Prepare surfaces before soldering, brazing, and welding.
- Solder electrical and lap joints
- Repair steel parts by welding
- Fabricate tubular structures
- Fabricate tubular steel and repair by welding.
- Perform aircraft tubular steel structure welding
- Identify characteristics of acceptable welds
- Repair dented tubular steel structures
- Identify unweldable alloy steels
- List tubular structure welding procedures
- Utilize corrosion prevention of interior of tubular structures.
- Determine tool requirements for tubular steel repair
- Solder stainless steel
- Demonstrate silver soldering of stainless steel.
- List types of solders used on stainless steels
- Identify silver soldering techniques
- Practice cleaning methods used on materials after soldering
- Weld aluminum and stainless steel
- Inspect and weld aluminum and stainless steel.
- Demonstrate aluminum welding techniques
- List uses of stainless steel in aircraft construction
- Perform welding of stainless steels
- Weld magnesium and titanium
- List and perform methods and process of welding magnesium.
- List and perform methods and processes of welding titanium.
[Add to Portfolio]