Jun 03, 2020
AVM 133 - Hydraulic/Pneumatic Power Sys Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 4
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will involve a complete study of the hydraulic and pneumatic systems contained within aircraft. Components of each area will be covered to include identification, installation, repair, inspection, troubleshooting and replacement of the systems.
- Describe types and identification of hydraulic fluids.
- List the four basic rules for use and handling of hydraulic fluids.
- List advantages and disadvantages of the three types of hydraulic fluids.
- Determine the proper fluid for use in a specified hydraulic system.
- Identify ester-base, petroleum base, and vegetable base fluids and their proper mil-spec. numbers.
- Identify color code for hydraulic system and hydraulic lines.
- List hazards and precautions to be observed in the handling of ester-base fluids.
- Repair hydraulic and pneumatic power systems components.
- Select and install seals.
- Identify hydraulic seals and packings.
- Identify types and materials used in hydraulic seals and packing rings and their use with specified fluids
- Determine the correct seal to use with ester-base, petroleum base, and vegetable base fluids.
- Hydraulic tubing, types of rigid tubing used in low pressure and high pressure systems
- Apply F.A.A. requirements in regard to tubing replacement, inspection and acceptable tubing damage
- Install tubing in aircraft
- Identify F.A.A. requirements in regard to fabrication, length, installation in aircraft, and replacement of hydraulic rigid lines and hoses.
- Install seals, packings, and rings in a hydraulic component.
- Protect packing rings and seals against thread damage during installation.
- Use of lubricant in installation of seals and packings.
- Protect hydraulic system from contamination during a component replacement.
- Install hydraulic components
- Identify, remove and install a hydraulic selector valve.
- Remove and install pressure regulators
- Inspect, check, service, troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and pneumatic power systems.
- Solve problems involving force, area, and pressure.
- Reference information pertaining to operation of a basic hydraulic system.
- Compare constant pressure and open center types of hydraulic systems.
- Inspect and service hydraulic reservoir
- Identify and describe the operation of constant and variable displacement hydraulic pumps
- Check, inspect, remove, and install hydraulic power pumps.
- Troubleshoot hydraulic pumps.
- Remove, install, inspect, service, and check a hydraulic accumulator.
- Troubleshoot and determine the cause of low, high, and fluctuating hydraulic pressure
- Determine operation functions of a pneumatic system.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)