Aug 19, 2019
AVM 104 - Regulations and Publications Credits: 2
Lecture Hours: 1
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Aircraft maintenance forms and records will be units of instruction. Additional units will include manual utilization, FAA regulations, airworthiness directives, and mechanic privileges and limitations.
- Demonstrate ability to read, comprehend, and apply information contained in FAA and manufacturers’ manuals, publications and related federal aviation regulations, airworthiness directives, and advisory material.
- Explain how to use the type Certificate Data Sheet
- Describe how to use Aircraft Specification
- Identify and relate regulations governing airworthiness certificates.
- Utilize Technical Standard Orders
- Utilize manufacturers’ maintenance, service, overhaul, and operating publications.
- Utilize Supplementary Type Certificates and Airworthiness Directive.
- Read technical data
- Make a thorough search of all the publications at hand.
- Develop a logical sequence of operations
- Write description of work performed including aircraft discrepancies and corrective actions using typical aircraft maintenance records
- Describe the steps and information required to perform inspection on an aircraft
- Determine what type of repair the student is making to an aircraft.
- Complete required maintenance forms, records, and inspection reports.
- Perform maintenance record entries and the information which is found in FAR?s parts 91, 43, AC 43-9B or subsequent
- Determine whether an airplane must have a 100 hour, annual or progressive inspection
- Check an aircraft’s Registration and Airworthiness Certificates, Operations Limitations Manual and/or Placards, Radio Station License, Weight and Balance and Equipment Records, all airframe and engine logbooks, prior Repair and Alteration records, and the
- Exercise Mechanic Privileges within the limitations prescribed by FAR 65.
- Interpret FAR 65 to find the requirements the student must meet for issuance of mechanics certificate
- Classify repairs and rules concerning inspection times.
- Explain major alterations, propeller repairs and alteration, and modification of structures
- Describe the rules and regulations which govern a repair station.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities of the mechanic.
[Add to Portfolio]