Jun 17, 2019
ATG 340 - Technical Internship III Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 18
Course Type: Voc/Tech
Work experience at a sponsoring dealership. Tasks will be consistent with the technician’s ability and previous coursework.
Prerequisite: ATG 330
Prerequisite OR Corequisite: ATG 344 , ATG 345
- Demonstrate acceptable employee attendance habits by scoring a minimum of 8 points on attendance and punctuality criteria as noted on “Employer’s Evaluation of Coop Student” form.
- Show regular attendance.
- Demonstrate job punctuality.
- Provide the dealership a responsible and productive employee by scoring a minimum of 16 points on the “Employer’s Evaluation of Coop Student” form.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to work.
- Apply yourself when working.
- Show employee dependability.
- Display quality work.
- Exhibit good judgment.
- Present ability to learn.
- Revel initiative.
- Illustrate working relations with others.
- Complete and return to the Lead ASEP Instructor a minimum of 80% of the internship weekly work reports.
- Log daily work
- Return work reports to lead ASEP instructor by mail or in person.
- Complete the assigned internship tasks.
- Demonstrate safe working habits
- Access computer codes
- Service computer sensors
- Repair fuel induction systems
- Perform fuel induction diagnostic checks
- Performance test fuel induction systems
- Analyze engine performance with oscilloscope
- Perform engine tune-up
- Maintain emission control devices
- Service valve train components
- Inspect lower engine components
- Repair lower engine components
- Replace lower engine components
- Replace on-car microprocessors
- Remove engine
- Replace engine
- Reseal engine
- Check engine vacuum
- Test engine compression
- Verify oil pressure
- Adjust timing
- Remove oil pump
- Replace oil pump
[Add to Portfolio]