Aug 24, 2019
ATF 317 - Ford Shop Fund & Minor Svc Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 2
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
A study of dealership organizational structure as it relates to the technician. Use of service manuals, electronic troubleshooting manuals and service bulletins are practiced. Also provides entry-level automotive task competencies.
Prerequisite: Admission to Automotive Student Service Ed Training (ASSET)
- Follow proper shop safety procedures
- Identify safety procedures as outlined by OSHA
- Practice safe personal procedures
- Use safe vehicular procedures
- Demonstrate safe procedures in vehicle lifting
- Show safe vehicle support procedures
- Follow tool safety practices
- Outline Ford dealership organizational structure
- Identify key elements of dealership
- Examine the responsibility of each element.
- Diagram your dealership structure.
- Investigate regulatory agencies.
- Discuss the EPA (environmental protection agency).
- Review the NHTSA (national highway traffic safety adm.).
- Examine the DEQ (department of environmental quality).
- Identify CAFE (corporate avg. fuel economy).
- Use Ford Motor Co. Service Publications.
- Show the proper application of service manuals.
- Examine technical service bulletins.
- Prepare the OASIS (On line automotive service information system) for information retrieval.
- Analyze automotive tools and fasteners
- Identify characteristics of fasteners
- Demonstrate thread repair.
- Demonstrate proper hand tool usage.
- Show proper use of measuring devices
- Demonstrate minor service procedures.
- Change oil and filter.
- Lubricate chassis service point.
- Service belts and pulleys
- Inspect cooling system.
- Service cooling system.
- Check exhaust system
- Inspect tires.
- Pack wheel bearings
- Balance tires.
- Service drive train.
- Change fluid and filter.
- Inspect front drive C/V boots.
- Repair C/V joints.
- Service universal joints.
- Perform pre-delivery inspection (new car) as per Ford specifications.
- Describe how the pre-delivery service record is arranged.
- Illustrate the organization of pre-delivery service manual.
- Explain the importance of overall appearance prior to final delivery
- Locate Ford informational tags and numbers.
- Use VIN for identification purposes.
- Identify vehicle certification label.
- Review components of safety compliance label
- Examine vehicle emission certification label.
- Inspect used cars.
- Review inspection procedures.
- Determine the extent of repairs (procedure).
- Follow dealer procedures for reinspection.
[Add to Portfolio]