Aug 21, 2019
ASM 264 - Pract II: Human Resource Credits: 1
Lecture Hours: 0
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 4
Course Type: Open
During this practical experience, the student will investigate the policies, procedures and techniques used to meet the administrative and business needs of the nursing care facility. Emphasis will be placed on the area of human resource management.
- Define effective communication among management and staff.
- Review staff recruitment and retention policies.
- Examine staff development programs Define commonly used terminology and abbreviations.
- Assess staff satisfaction surveys and staff recognition opportunties.
- Define staff continuing eduction requirements.
- Examine diversity policies.
- Assess compensation and benefit programs.
- Address employee health and safety policies and procedures.
- Examine human resource management policies and procedures as the related to federal and state regulations.
- Assess federal laws and unemployment practices.
- Review policies for criminal background checks and staffing needs and requirements.
- Evaluate staff licensure requirements and education/in-service requirements.
- Explain mandatory reporting requirements.
- Define all of the following: Medical Leave Act, Occupational health & Safety Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Equal employment opportunity Commission, immigration law, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.
[Add to Portfolio]