Apr 18, 2019
AGC 420 - Agricultural Issues Credits: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Practicum Hours: 0
Work Experience: 0
Course Type: Voc/Tech
This course will explore the current issues that affect agriculture from the perspective of the producer and consumer in a society with little direct connection to food production. The course will review today’s most pressing issues: the environment, the national debt, international trade and world health and how it relates to global society change.
- Determine the key agricultural issues.
- Identify the key issues impacting agriculture today.
- Prioritize the issues from a societal perspective.
- Implement a research process to validate the key agricultural issues.
- Determine the type if research to be conducted to identify issues.
- Design an assessment instrument to validate key issues.
- Analyze information to effectively communicate both sides of an agricultural issue.
- Evaluate the assessed data to determine parameters for future discussion.
- Summarize data using appropriate communication tools for delivery.
- Conduct a review of the identified issues through round table discussions.
- Create effective discussions of issues through role play interaction.
- Establish procedures for role play position of pro vs. con on issues.
- Form independent decisions utilizing a process of conflict resolution.
- Identify the type of conflict resolution styles.
- Incorporate the use of an interest-based relational approach to conflict resolution.
- Develop process to improve self confidence through communication.
- Utilize a recognized personality assessment to determine individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Incorporate strategies to affect communication styles based on personality assessment.
- Develop an individual communication model to discuss agricultural issues in public forums.
- Establish a procedure for determining the relevant sides of the issue within a group presentation.
- Identify protocols for handling adversarial issues and/or people.
- Design an opinion or editorial article for a publication on a position impacting agriculture
- Utilize an appropriate communication media to convey opinion.
- Develop an effective article through clarification points.
[Add to Portfolio]